Assignment Criteria for Presentation:
1. Provide an introduction to your policy-priority issue.
2. Articulate key points under each of the Formulating a Healthcare Policy Ungraded Worksheet #1 sections, using the headings in your paper.
3. Provide a critique of empirical evidence that supports your chosen policy issue and analysis.
4. Demonstrate the importance and impact of the chosen policy issue to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. The paper will be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of five pages in length, in APA format 6th edition, excluding the title and reference page.
Preparing the Paper
After completing Formulating a Health Care Policy Ungraded Worksheet #1, address all areas on the worksheet in the body of a scholarly paper. Include a minimum of five (5) classic or current references published within the past 5 years.
Category Points % Description
Introduction and Conclusion 35 20 Introduction clearly introduce your policy priority issue. Concluding statements summarizing content.
Key Points 40 23 Identification of all key points of your policy-priority issue (review sections of Healthcare Policy Ungraded Worksheet) are clearly analyzed and fully articulated.
Empirical Evidence 40 23 Provide a critique of empirical evidence that supports your chosen policy issue and analysis.
Impact and Importance to Nursing 35 20 Demonstrate the importance and impact of the chosen policy issue to nursing.
APA Format 10 6 Text, title page, and references are consistent with APA format.
Writing Quality 15 8 Rules of grammar, word usage, sentence, and paragraph format and punctuation.
Total 175 100
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Guidelines for Worksheet 1
1. Describe a public-health policy issue with which you have personal and/or professional experience, and about which you are interested, familiar, and passionate. Why is this issue of particular interest/importance to you and to the profession of nursing? (My policy issue is the current helmet law for the motorcyclist in the state of Florida. Please read Florida current helmet law for the motorcyclist. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Florida leads the nation in motorcycle fatalities. The rising deaths alone proves the need for a revision of the helmet law, the helmet law should be mandated).
2. What is the specific problem, including background, surrounding this issue? Is there a need for a new law or campaign related to this issue? Is there a need for change to an existing law? Is there need for a change in regulatory issues? What specific supportive evidence do you have for this issue, including evidence and references? You will need to include this in your message/ask/recommendation(s).
3. Review thoughts regarding your chosen healthcare policy issue. It is important to analyze your issue thoroughly. Be sure you address the following with evidence and research:
• Evaluation of options
• Recommended solutions (be very specific here; recommend a policy solution that a policymaker or legislator can actually do something about).
4. How can you find out the current status of this issue? Is there a website (professional organization such as the American Nurses Association or local, state, or federal government) that provides status updates or alerts? Please describe.
5. What level(s) of government does your issue involve (local, state, federal)? What level of government is your immediate target? Please describe.