Task 1: Professional Nursing Practice essay assignment
PROFESSIONAL ROLES & VALUES
740.1.4: Professional Accountability – The graduate analyzes the responsibilities and accountability of the professional nurse.
740.1.5: Self Advocacy of the Nurse – The graduate integrates strategies of self-awareness and self-care into professional practice to ensure personal health and well-being.
740.1.7: Roles of the Nurse (WGU) – The graduate analyzes the roles of the nurse as a scientist, a detective, and a manager of the healing environment.
740.1.10: The Nursing Profession – The graduate applies historical and contemporary nursing theories and models to define their professional nursing practice.
740.1.13: The Professional Nurse – The graduate integrates knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession into personal and professional interactions and ethical decision making.
740.1.15: Healthcare Work Environment – The graduate evaluates how the vision, values, mission, and philosophy of an organization align with an individual’s professional values, beliefs, and approaches to inter-professional collegiality.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM-FREE NURSING PAPER
Task 1: Professional Nursing Practice
The purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how the identified theory from part A can be used to describe, explain, and predict excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
B. Discuss how the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century that has inspired your professional nursing practice.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures discussed in part B to your professional nursing practice.
2. Analyze how the two historical figures from part B have influenced your work as a nurse in the twenty-first century.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Describe the implications associated with failure to maintain your licensure requirements.
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss how regulatory agencies define your nursing practice in the role of patient advocacy and patient safety.
1. Describe the implications associated with two regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA, CMS) when a patient requests an alternative therapy.
E. Compare how the Nurse Practice Act functions in two states by doing the following:
1. Discuss the differences and similarities in your selected states from part E.
2. Compare the standards and scope of nursing practive for RNs, LPN/LVN, and unlicensed assistive personnel in your selected states from part E.
3. Compare the rules for effective delegation in your selected states from part E.
4. Compare the rules for safe practice in your selected states from part E.
F. Distinguish the advocacy of a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse/licensed vocational nurse, and a nursing assistant/unlicensed assistant personnel in the following roles:
• a scientist
• a detective
• a healing environment manager
G. Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (available in the web links section below).
1. Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
2. Using an example from your clinical practice, (e.g., skills lab, simulation, or clinical), describe a time when you made a nursing error.
a. Explain how ANA provisions can be applied to the error identified in part G2.
H. Identify four leadership qualities that represent excellence in nursing.
1. Discuss the significance of the leadership qualities identified in part H in your role as each of the following:
• a leader at the bedside
• within the nursing team
• within the interdisciplinary team
2. Identify how your organization’s structures impact nursing leadership, decision making, and professional development.
I. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
J. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
1. Code of Ethics link opens in new window
2. RGP Task 1 Rubric link opens in new window