Note: Your submission may take the form of an essay, multimedia presentation, etc. Be sure to cover each prompt in sufficient detail and support no matter what form you use.
A. Professional Presence
1. Discuss the differences between two models of health and healing (e.g., physical body, body-mind, body-mind-spirit/bio-psycho-social,) as they relate to what it means to be human.
2. Analyze differences between one of the models discussed in part A1 and your professional presence (i.e., current beliefs, attitudes, and actions regarding health and healing).
3. Discuss how your professional presence (mindful or distracted) influences your nursing practice.
B. Personality Preferences
1. Submit your results from the Keirsey Temperament personality test.
Note: You should only submit the Temperament Mini Report provided by Keirsey.com. You can submit a screen shot or copy and paste the results into a document for submission.
2. Analyze your test results, including areas that may or may not align with how you view yourself.
a. Evaluate how the preferences identified by the test align with your relationships, favorite activities, and career choices.
b. Discuss two potential challenges or barriers (e.g., barriers in communication, decision-making) that could be minimized by your enhanced self-awareness when working with opposite personality types.
C. Mindfulness Practice
1. Develop a mindfulness practice plan consistent with your interests, goals, and beliefs by doing the following:
a. Create two specific goals for each of the four Aspects of your whole person (physical, vital/rhythmic, mental/emotional, and biographical/spiritual body) to maintain balance.
b. Discuss how you will achieve each of the goals created in part C1a, including how you will adjust to the changing of your whole person.
D. Healing Environments
1. Analyze two optimal healing environments in healthcare to identify the common elements of internal, interpersonal, behavioral, and external environments.
2. Discuss how you intend to apply self-awareness and insights gained from part D1 to promote professional presence in your current healthcare setting.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a performance assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the performance assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.