UVT Task 2 Nurs Education Curriculum
FACILITATING LEARNING IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Competency 7010.1.5: Implementing a Nursing Education Curriculum – The graduate describes the strategies for implementing a nursing education curriculum.
Competency 7010.1.6: Nursing Program Evaluation – The graduate analyzes contemporary methods for evaluating program efficacy.
The role of the nurse educator requires specialized knowledge and skills. Essential competencies include being able to develop relevant curricula for the preparation of future nurses as well as participate in program evaluation activities. Implementation of a nursing education curriculum can be influenced by community stakeholders, available technology, the needs of diverse learners, cultural and societal factors, and interdisciplinary partnerships. This performance assessment addresses strategies for implementing and evaluating a nursing education curriculum.
You are a faculty member on the nursing curriculum committee tasked with transitioning the current associate degree program to a four-year baccalaureate nursing program. The committee has completed the work of designing the new curriculum and it will be fully implemented in approximately eight months.
A. Discuss ways to keep stakeholders informed about new curriculum development by doing the following:
1. Discuss two strategies that should be implemented to keep current students in the associate degree program informed about the new curriculum development.
2. Discuss two strategies that should be implemented to keep healthcare and community agencies informed about the new curriculum development.
B. Discuss the possible challenges and opportunities with curriculum development by doing the following:
1. Discuss a possible challenge for faculty who may be required to teach in the existing associate degree program and the new BSN program simultaneously.
2. Discuss how the integration of interdisciplinary partnerships in the new curriculum will enhance student learning.
C. Develop a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the new BSN curriculum in which you do the following:
1. Identify one evaluation method you will use to assess the effectiveness of your curriculum design.
2. Explain the type of data you will need to collect in order to support your evaluation method from part C1.
3. Explain how data collection can inform course improvement.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.