You will design and develop an evidenced-based practice change, quality improvement evidence-based that demonstrates the synthesis of WGU graduate competencies. This project is not primary research, but should be focused on scholarly evidence in support of practice improvements, innovation, or general practice change. It will not require an Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. You will be required to conduct a comprehensive literature review that defines the evidence in support of your project. The literature review represents a collection of primary research studies that have already been conducted and that provide guidance for best practices. Once your project plan is complete, you will create a professional presentation that outlines your plan, and then present it to your stakeholder group and preceptor.
Before you start your project, you will first need to secure organizational approval and obtain a letter of agreement from your preceptor. In Task 1, you will be required to develop a plan for your capstone project that describes your problem and proposed solution.
C. Summarize your project by doing the following:
1. Identify the problem.
2. Describe why the identified problem requires a practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
3. Explain the causes of the problem.
4. Identify the stakeholders.
a. Discuss each stakeholder’s interest, power, and influence in relation to the project.
D. Explain the purpose of your project.
E. Discuss your proposed solution for your project.
F. Provide an evidence summary to support the proposed change.
1. Provide a reference list for your evidence summary in APA format that includes a minimum of five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years.
G. Explain your proposed implementation plan that includes the following:
1. Plan of action
3. Needed resources and personnel
4. Proposed change theory
5. Barriers to implementation
6. Learning objectives and outcomes
H. When you use sources include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.