Identity health-related issues relevant to the Population of the elderly
- Identifying priority health issues:
- social justice principles
- priority population groups
- prevalence of condition
- the potential for prevention and early intervention
- costs to the individual and community
Students learn to:
- Argue the case for why decisions are made about health priorities by considering questions such as:
- how do we identify priority issues?
- what role do the principles of social justice play?
- why is it important to prioritize?
Why is it important to prioritize particular health issues? Include examples in your answer.
Why is it important for governments to prioritise health issues?